Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My first Essay

Texas-Dallas, 2009.

February 2009 is Black History Month for American; my school requested all the students to write a essay about a black person who you know living or not living, for the contest, the prize for the winner is $50 and $25. And here is my essay for the black history month.

Topic: Bonne

Bonne is the name of an African-American woman who has been in America her whole life, but not many people know her because she is a normal person just like us.

Bonne was born on May 25, 1950, in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Her father was Thomas Lee and her mother was Annie Mac Lee, both deceased. Bonne had one older brother named James. She hasn’t been in contact with her brother for a long time; she is not sure what her brother is up to. Her older sister, Yvonne Brown is a registered nurse in New York.

Bonne always felt that she was blessed because when she was born she weighed two and one half pounds (in 1950 a baby that weight seldom lived.). Bonne grew up in a middle class family and her parents worked while her grandmother took care of her.

After graduating from high school in 1968, she wanted to become a dressmaker because she loved sewing, so she decided to go to college for that. After a while Bonne changed her mind and got a job in a store. At the same time she also took some classes at the community college because school was a must in her family. She always liked history when she was studying. She thought history has so much to teach and she enjoyed it, but she never wanted to do anything that related to history.

In 1974 Bonne decided to move to Washington, DC because she thought it was time for a change. When she arrived in DC she needed a job and applied for many different positions with hope. Not long afterwards she got a job at child care and has worked there ever since.

In 1982 Bonne married police officer. They have four children; three have children of their own and their youngest child still lives at home.

Bonne is now working in child care’s reintegration center, Monday through Friday. She is very happy and enjoys what she is doing. She gets to share her responsibilities with other parents. She thinks the great thing about working with parents is that they all are very helpful and active, which makes her work go easily and smoothly.

Bonne is not sure what she wants to do after she retires, but knows that she wants to take a rest on a beach and read the history of America.

Texas-Dallas, 2009.


I wrote a essay but I'm not put it in the contest, because I thought I have a job, I could make enough profit to support myself every month. Many students in my school I had knew did not have job, some of them can't even pay for their school fees. I think the prize should go to them.

I knew I am a little bit old fashion, but for me to be clever I don't need any prize, as long as I learn what I want to learn, I felt I had won the big prize.

Texas-Dallas, 2009.

My Essay is about a normal person that not many people have knew, I'm not putting my Essay in the contest, but I will read it out loud for everyone, because I am very please to join the Black History Month with black people all around the world. I thought doesn't matter you black or white you all deserve the same human rights. Also to make everyone understand that, everyone around you had their own history, and you should care to get to know about them, and learn how to take care each other, should not be discriminating.

God bless all of you.

No comments: