Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My first English poem

With Cowboy boot, Texas-Dallas, 2009.

In front of Federick Douglass house, 2009.

Every Thursday I'm going to school one hour early to join poetry workshop. Two weeks ago at the poetry workshop, our teacher requested us to wrote a poem about something that we hate and give poem's definitions.
It's very interesting, and here is my poem. It's my first English poem that I ever wrote.
Please have a read and let me know what do you think.
With Federick Douglass statue, 2009.

What do I hate?

We were born the same

With empty hands

And try to grow.


When we grew up

We all changed

It is normal.


She’s suffering from sickness

He’s suffering from disabilities

I’m suffering from physical defects and abnormalities

You are fit and healthy.


She’s black and strong

He’s big and tall

I’m small and petite

You’re white and trim.


She’s not very intellectual

He had lost memories

I’m uneducated and

You’re intelligent.


She’s just begun to think

He’s just begun to start

I took the test and lost the contest

You won it all.


But remember we're still the same.



In Texas-Dallas, 2009.
Definition

This poem I wrote in Annie poetry workshop, it’s about what I hated the most that often happened to me.
The meaning of the poem is about discrimination: People in higher class look down at the people in lower class, because they are richer, healthier, cleaner...etc… but they should remember that doesn’t matter how wealthy are they, they are still the same like normal people, because when they was born they bring nothing but their life.
In Texas-Dallas, 2009.

Educated people looked down at uneducated people, because they thought uneducated people don’t like to go to school, don’t have higher degree, had no skill, not intelligence and in their opinion uneducated people should be always staying in lower position in any job.
With Mr Joseph Mussomeli at Dulles airport, 2009.
In my view, instead of looking down at uneducated people, we should try to understand the reason why uneducated people are had no education, because there are several reasons that hardly to understand might made people not to be able to get education.
I think who look down at uneducated people; they are more uneducated than the people who have non education.
With Federick Douglass statue, 2009.

In the poem had described how the human being and the different after they grew up, but also remanding us that, doesn’t mater how different you are from each other, you all still the same, are HUMAN beings.
At Texas-Dallas airport, 2009.

I believe anyone can do anything they like to do, if you give them a chance to prove it.

Thanks Annie that made me written this poem.
From Nika

No comments: