Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Work Experiences ( Update 4)

I like to works… and like to do many different things, because the more I works is the more I learn and the more I get to understand how to do the good job… I never get bored from working hard, but I easily get bored from doing the same thing all the time, and having routine days.

Ricky Martin Visited ChildSafe Center


ChildSafe team, in THINK Campaign celebration.

Of course it’s tiring working hard all the time, but living in Cambodia with many responsibilities, you had to work hard to earn money… But I’m lucky because I could always find jobs, and people often hired me to do different things and they paid me very well. That how I survived in Cambodia.

Gave presentation to Rotary club in Australia, end of 2006



Going home after school! Good transport!

When you do a lot of different things, and have many different experiences, you know that every job is the same. It’s fun at the beginning, because you need to learn the new things to do a good job for a new job. But after awhile I always feel bored, especially if I have to do the same thing all over again and again everyday. Every job has its own problems, every problem has its own solutions, and there are many different solutions that you can find, to solve your issues.

Happy School Old building

You should always find the best solution to solve your issues, instead of just find temporary way. This is the annoying part of my experience, which I often had at my work. Most of my bosses said let do this way, to solve this problem, and when I tell them is not the best way to solve the problem, they all answered the same, we don’t have enough money to do your way, plus how do you know this way will not work if you not even try?


Sokna, in Happy School, playing Holaho!

I think they are right, you never know if you don't try. I have different way to solve the problem, if there are many chooses, I always take the solution that I have in mind, write in one paper then try to find the advantages and disadvantages of each solution, then I choose the solution that has most advantages. That how I solve the problem, even it has to pay a little bit more, its alright, because if you don’t find the best solution now you will have the same problem again and again, and to solve the same problem all over again it's spend more money and wasted times. Sometime your boss doesn't care, because if the same problem come up again you the one that need to deal with it, not them. As a employee three things you need to know about your boss. One: your boss always right! Two: The boss never wrong!. Three: If the boss wrong doesn’t talk about it!. And one bigger thing is, it’s not easy to be a good boss in every employees eye.


Happy school student received learning materials.

Here are some tips to share with everyone, if you want to do a lot of different things in the same time, you should always try to find the interesting part of your job and enjoy doing it, don't do just because you need the money to pay your bill. Every job had its own special part, its take some times to find it. Doesn’t matter you like your job or not, always do your best. To be or not to be! Whatever result you received, it’s shows your ability, that would make you not to regret what you had done.


Now I am a nanny in DC looking after two children. I love my job. Children are very annoying sometimes, but they are our future. They are beautiful people and yet they make me sad, angry, bring me to tears but also make me laugh. I have learn a lot from children: I learned how to have patience, to care, to think, to love and to be a good person. I want them to grow up to become good people, so I have to always be a good example for them.

Quin, Jolony, Caroline and Elliott, my DC family.


Below are some of my experiences in Cambodia. In the same time, after work I studying in Academy of Hope trying to get my GED, hope to continue to study in University after GED.



SangHar, show his dancing style!

Working Experiences.

1- Sep 2007-Sep 2008: Organization name: Friends International (FI).

Position: ChildSafe Center manager

Responsibilities: Running ChildSafe information center in Cambodia, Phnom Penh.

For more information about ChildSafe please goes to

www.childsafe-international.org

2- July 2005-Sep 2007: Organization name: Australian for Cambodian Education (ACE)

Position: Project Manager

Responsibilities: Running Street to school project, called Happy School. Support Poor Children Right to Education Health and Play. For more information about ACE please go to www.acecambodia.org.au

3- Jun-October 2005: Company name: Cambodia Yellow Pages

Position: Sale Assistant

Responsibilities: Make appointment with client for Sale Constantan.

4- Jun 2004 – Jun 2005: Company name: Korean Company

Position: Business Manager (Part time and weekend)

Responsibilities: Take photos, check the new stock, make list and buy clothes from Cambodia send to Korea.

5- Sep 2004 – Dec 2004: Pen Chang Lottery Company

Position: General Manager

Responsibilities: Manage the lottery ticket and selling system.

6- 2003 – 2004: Lacrosette Restaurant, Waitress and Cashier

7- 2001 – 2003: Philimore Company, Domestic maid in Malaysia

8- Part time jobs, night time jobs and weekend jobs.

2005 Running a bar name Soho2 (Night time)

2005 Khmer teacher, teach Khmer to foreigners (Weekend)

2008 Running Korea Interior Design Company (Part time)

2008 Private Investigator for Cambodia children adoption (Part time)

2008 Translator, Khmer to English, English to Khmer (Part time)

2007 Own a beauty salon shop in Phnom Penh

No comments: