Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Canberra

Old Parliament house. Canberra 2009


Canberra is one of the capitals cities of Australia located at northern end of the Australia Capital Territory. With population over 345,000 it is Australia’s largest inland city and the eight Australian city overall. This was the first time I had been to Canberra.

On the way into the city, I saw Canberra’s Parliament House, it’s tall and on top of the building had display with Australia’s flag.

Parliament house. Canberra 2009.


In Canberra is less nosy than other cities I have been to. Most of people living here are middle class people also government and NGOs people, so that makes everything seems more expensive than other cities I ever been in the world. The positive things I can find in Canberra was the beauty of environment, people look neat, city looks natural full of big trees everywhere, quiet but feel like a lot of happiness that you can not see but you can feel it inside. People seem to live in very peaceful life. A lot of people there are living in big house with nice garden, swimming pools and tennis’s courts. The house that I was staying is Joylon father’s house, and yes it is similar to other houses around here, it is a big old house with a pool and a tennis court.




With PJ and Kirsten at Cocktail party in Canberra 2009.

Lovely people I met, Ema, Hoties,lovely, cuties, sweeties handsome and clover at the 5am party in Canberra 2009

At cocktail party, Canberra 2009.

The first week I’m arrived, I took the children to Questacon. Questacon is a national science and technology center, which provides free games, quizzes and activities to explain science to children and teenagers. When I arrived at the center I went directly to buy the tickets for me and children, Quinn’s entre was free, because he is under age and doesn’t require a ticket, so I paid AU$18 for Elliott and me. The first section we went to Questacon was dinosaurs section. There were five giant dinosaurs and seven little ones. They looked like a real animals, they moved, screamed and open their big mouths with their sharp teeth seemed like they want to eat us. Elliott was scared and he was afraid to pass through the first section. I held his hand and told him that “They are phony” animals don’t be afraid, just kept walking; he laughed and stared at the dinosaurs until we passed through the first section.
With my three sisters, Bobilee, me, Sharni, and Phebe. Melbourne 2009.

Driving Bobilee's car around winery, lucky after I drive we both still alive! 2009

Dinner welcome Nika to Melbourne and good bye to Bobilee leave Melbourne for three months. 2009


After the first section I kept taking the kids around the center to check out the games that they created in the center for children. We stopped at the children’s play section for an hour, because there were lots of interesting games that the children could enjoy and also it was good for them as there were many children play inside. After the children’s section we went to the top of the center to see the clown ball and the other games. We walked until we finished all the sections, and then went to the ground floor for lunch. I ordered sausage ball and big chips to share with Quinn and Elliott. When we were eating lunch, one lady who was sitting next to our table and had a daughter said “Your children are very cute and well behaved, you must be a very good MOM” I replied “ho… thanks, YES! They are… I am very proud of themJ”. After we finished lunch I took the children home.


My Australian's family! Alex, me Bobilee, Nat and Myline. Melbourne 2009


On the way back home I thought, why is it everywhere I have been people think I am the mother of these two children?? Can’t they see my skin color and my appearance? I am very different from them, plus I’m too young to have two children that old. Perhaps, I am looking old enough to be their mother?? I think people are just being silly to think that way, or maybe time for me to have a baby??? Humm... first have to find a husband :o) :o)



No comments: